God is calling His church to recapture her prophetic role in the world. Here is what "I think" He wants us to do in a nutshell:
1) Reclaim the Gospel (The Message of the Kingdom) - It’s not about fulfillment; it’s about forgiveness! The Gospel isn't about our dreams and visions; it's about Christ restoring our fellowship with Him through His blood!
2) Reestablish Holiness (The Lifestyle of the Kingdom) - God values righteousness. Christ came to deal with the sin problem! The underlying issue of the day is immorality (1 Thes 4:1-8). Let’s not ignore half the message!
3) Ready the Church through Stewardship (To Resource the Kingdom) - There is a fiscal famine coming. Not only that, but will the church be ready when our non-profit status is threatened because we take stands on the Word to the glory of God?
4) Reform the Family (The Foundation of the Kingdom) - Since we are losing 70-88% of our children by the end of their freshman year in college, we must reestablish the biblical role of the father and encourage parents to disciple and train their own children in the Word.
5) Restore Trust in Leadership (The Integrity of the Kingdom) - Now more than ever, pastors need to see themselves as holy, humble shepherds first rather than CEOs. Integrity must become even more important than "vision" which many times is simply "ambition."
In light of continuing mess like this: www.christianpost.com/news/california-becomes-first-state-to-force-gay-and-lesbian-teaching-into-classrooms-52334/ ...
Do this work quickly Lord! We need You!!!!