Last night, I had the honor to lead prayer during the Crisis Pregnancy Center's "Prayer for LIFE" event in Norfolk. My responsiblity was to lead the confession and repentance section of the prayer time. Here is what I prayed...
Crisis Pregnancy Center Prayer for LIFE
Dr. McLeod leading in the area of Confession and Repentance
Sept 29, 2011
Friends, it is an honor to be before you today. I’m humbled to be able to lead us in the area of repentance. Every great revival always starts in a prostrate position because God’s people, by the prompting of His Spirit, realize areas in which we have failed and fallen away from God’s standards. When the church repents, she positions herself to be used powerfully by God. Let’s read a few verses of Scripture, and then pray….
Psa 51:1-10 ESV
Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. (2) Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin! (3) For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. (4) Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment. (5) Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. (6) Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being, and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart. (7) Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. (8) Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that you have broken rejoice. (9) Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. (10) Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
2Ch 7:13-15 ESV
When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command the locust to devour the land, or send pestilence among my people, (14) if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. (15) Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place.
Confession and Repentance:
1. Father, we repent of allowing this holocaust.
- We repent of allowing the offering of 53,000,000 (53 Million!!!) little lives to Molech since Roe vs. Wade. We repent. We can and should do more to save the lives of those who cannot fight for themselves.
- Lev 18:21 ESV - You shall not give any of your children to offer them to Molech, and so profane the name of your God: I am the LORD.
- It has been said that. "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." There is so much truth in that phrase.
- God, you declare, “The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil” (Pro 8:13), and “Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good” (Ro 12:9).
- Lord, forgive us for not doing so to the point where we act.
2. Father, we repent of allowing politics to keep us off the battlefield.
- We repent of placing economic gain and self-interests above your Word.
- We repent of believing one thing and doing another. We repent of not loving what you love and hating what you hate. We repent of not considering your wishes and commands when it’s time to fight for the unborn.
- We repent of not engaging the culture with the truth that “life is not a choice; but rather it is a gift from You.”
3. Father we repent of raising our children largely without a biblical worldview.
- Lord, we know that children raised with a biblical worldview are 100 times less likely to condone abortion.
- We repent of allowing a generation of children to doubt your Word!
- We repent of allowing the Government to teach our children unbiblical values.
- We repent of not allowing the Lordship of Christ to invade and permeate every area of our lives, including the discipleship of the minds of our youth, who grow up in our homes and churches and increasingly still consider life a choice.
4. Father, on behalf of America’s churches and Christians, we repent of simply being afraid to speak.
- Intuitively and biblically, we know that “everyone who desires to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.”
- We know that to stand for you means enduring the hatred of the world and the world system.
- And too often, we have cowered, preferring instead the path of least resistance, messages about breakthrough and our personal dreams being fulfilled
5. And Father, we repent for not taking better care of those who have experienced the pain of abortion. We repent of not being there for them in real, tangible ways, helping them deal with their grief and giving them the hope of your cross that they might be healed and have joy.
We ask your forgiveness in all these areas and we pray for your guidance going forward, that in all things, You alone might receive the glory.
Master, please receive our heartfelt repentance. We not only declare we are sorry…but we pledge to turn from these areas of wickedness and sin, and to do our best to cause our Nation to turn as well.
In Jesus Great Name we pray,