Finally, then, brothers, we ask and urge you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God, just as you are doing, that you do so more and more. For you know what instructions we gave you through the Lord Jesus. For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God; that no one transgress and wrong his brother in this matter, because the Lord is an avenger in all these things, as we told you beforehand and solemnly warned you. For God has not called us for impurity, but in holiness. (1Thess 4:1-7 ESV)
It's not legalism to want to honor and please Christ. So here is a "keep it simple" checklist for those who do! :)
- Does this honor God and promote godliness?
- Does this help or hinder God's worship?
- Am I violating a biblical command?
- Am I causing another to stumble?
- If Christ were standing beside me (watching and listening), would He be pleased?
- Would I want my child to do this?
- Am I in support of something God hates?