A Tribute to my Wife
On May 17th 2015, by God’s grace, I’ll have been married to my beautiful wife Donna for twenty-three years! I’m still so overwhelmed by who she is and all that she is…
- Pro 18:22 ESV He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the LORD.
She loves Jesus.
She’s so quick to embrace all our Master has commanded. She reads His Word daily. She’s so willing to serve our Lord!
- Pro 31:30 ESV Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
She’s so beautiful.
Inside and out, my baby is simply lovely. I still just love to look at her.
- Son 1:5 ESV I am very dark, but lovely, O daughters of Jerusalem, like the tents of Kedar, like the curtains of Solomon.
- Son 1:15 ESV Behold, you are beautiful, my love; behold, you are beautiful; your eyes are doves.
- 1Pe 3:3-4 ESV Do not let your adorning be external--the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear-- (4) but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.
She’s such a patient, loving mommy.
I have neither her patience nor her tenderness with our wonderful children. She teaches them something precious each day. Our children are truly blessed!
- Pro 1:8-9 ESV Hear, my son, your father's instruction, and forsake not your mother's teaching, (9) for they are a graceful garland for your head and pendants for your neck.
She works so hard.
All day every day, she is moving. She never complains. She just serves our family and our church, doing whatever needs to be done. She's incredible.
- Pro 31:10-31 ESV An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. (11) The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. (12) She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life. (13) She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands. (14) She is like the ships of the merchant; she brings her food from afar. (15) She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens. (16) She considers a field and buys it; with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard. (17) She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong. (18) She perceives that her merchandise is profitable. Her lamp does not go out at night. (19) She puts her hands to the distaff, and her hands hold the spindle. (20) She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy. (21) She is not afraid of snow for her household, for all her household are clothed in scarlet. (22) She makes bed coverings for herself; her clothing is fine linen and purple. (23) Her husband is known in the gates when he sits among the elders of the land. (24) She makes linen garments and sells them; she delivers sashes to the merchant. (25) Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come. (26) She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. (27) She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. (28) Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: (29) "Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all." (30) Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. (31) Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates.
She’s so wise.
The Lord has given her great wisdom, both spiritual and practical. Her advice is priceless!
- Pro 12:4 ESV An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, but she who brings shame is like rottenness in his bones.
- Pro 14:1 ESV The wisest of women builds her house, but folly with her own hands tears it down.
- 1Ti 3:11 ESV Their wives likewise must be dignified, not slanderers, but sober-minded, faithful in all things.
She’s so submitted.
She is so easy to both lead and serve. It’s hard to believe how easy sometimes. She never attempts to manipulate me. She never tries to impose her own way. She speaks up if she sees me about to make a mistake, but even then, lovingly. She’s my number one cheerleader! As a result, I simply love trying to bless her!
- 1Pe 3:5-6 ESV For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands, (6) as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord. And you are her children, if you do good and do not fear anything that is frightening.
She makes our house a home.
Each day I work, I cannot wait to see her. I cannot wait to get home. She has set a mood and tone with our children and into the flow of our home that blesses my soul.
- Tit 2:3-5 ESV Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, (4) and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, (5) to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.
She’s my friend.
My best friend in fact. There is no one else I’d rather spend time with!
- Mat 19:4-5 ESV He answered, "Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, (5) and said, 'Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'?
I love her!
With all my heart!
- Eph 5:25 ESV Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her…